Caring for your furniture properly is very important to ensure a long life for each of your pieces. Please follow these simple instructions to ensure your furnishings remain beautiful for years to come.
- To clean your furniture, use a soft damp cloth with a small amount of mild soap. Wipe immediately with a dry cloth.
- Always wipe in the direction of the grain on your wood products.
- Always wipe in small circles when cleaning leather, ensure you are using a soft cloth.
- Avoid using commercial cleaning products on your furniture since this will cause yellowing.
- Do not use window cleaners; they contain ammonia which attacks the lacquer of the finish.
- Liquid left on the surfaces will cause the finish to peel and flake.
- Avoid placing hot items directly on wood surface, this will damage the finish.
- Avoid placing items with rubber feet or plastic placemats on your furniture, they leave permanent marks on the finish.
- Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can cause fading of the finish.
- Special attention should be paid to the storage of the table leaf as a noticeable difference will be apparent if the leaf is stored away from light and the table is exposed continuously.
- The ideal balance is to maintain the temperature around 21°C (70°F) and the relative humidity at 40% to prevent warping or splitting.
- Your hardwood furniture is made up of many pieces of wood. Each is unique and you may notice natural variations in colour. The lighter pieces were closer to the tree’s bark, while the darker pieces were closer to the tree’s centre. All are equally strong and impart the beauty and value that make hardwood furniture.